Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Visit Water Park USA in Williamsburg, Virginia

Visit Water Park USA in Williamsburg, Virginia

We spent five days at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA and had a wonderful time at both parks. We purchased our tickets off the internet for $69 dollars each and printed our tickets before leaving our home. Parking was $18.00 dollars every day you parked in their lot which I think is outrageous. So if you plan on leaving the park and coming back the same day you better keep you receipts as they will make you pay again if you don’t.

I did not really want to go to the water park while we were visiting Williamsburg but I soon changed my mind once we got there. I was truly impressed with this water park. You can get directions at all the crossing leading you to the assorted rides. The food is costly, but what do you expect when you eat out at these kind of places? You can buy a souvenir cup and get it refilled all day and you can even bring it back another day and they will still refill it. And get this we also discovered that some people brought them to Busch Gardens and the refilled them there as well, tell me if that’s not a deal.


If you want to get some of those water shoes I recommend getting them somewhere else besides water country. You can buy them at any sporting goods store for only 8 dollars compared to paying 14 dollars at the water park. They are really comfortable and feel really good on your feet. My wife did not want me to purchase them, but she said she was happy that I did as her feet were protected as she wondered around the park all day.

While I was at the store we also purchased a waterproof armband contraption that we could put our personal thing in like our driver’s license, some cash we had, paper tickets and our room key to our hotel. I put it around my neck where I could keep an eye on it and didn’t have to worry if it got wet or lost.


We did not ware our clothes there just our bathing suites and cover ups. Even though we brought quite a few things with us like our bag, towels, and most importantly our sun screen we left everything out in the open on our chairs because people did not seemed interested in anything but having a fun day at the water park.

The entire family had a blast at Water Country USA. We went in August and it was way too hot to do anything else in Williamsburg during the day. The wave pool was awesome and kept us entertained and cool as we relaxed in it all that day. Our children did the water slides and even the wait was not too long even though it was somewhat crowded that day. Once we acquired a place to put our things we stayed in the water just about the entire day
Even though I was somewhat uncomfortable leaving our things out where anyone could have taken them had I know that I could have rented a cabanas it would have been great that I wouldn’t have had to keep my eye on our things all day.
The food was really pricy there as we spent $18.00 for 2 hot dogs and a small bag of chips. I wish they would let us bring coolers in the water park. It would be a great place to have a picnic, but we just went out to the car and grabbed a sandwich and wet back in the park as we were parked fairly close

Everyone we seen there was having a wonderful time except for one couple who was complaining about a couple who brought food into the park when no one else was allowed to. They brought in loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter and jelly packets making sandwiches next to them while they had to eat a purchased lunch. To make it worse their kids were allergic to peanuts and they were afraid that their kids would wind up with some of it and have to go to the hospital. They really got upset when they told security about it and their reply was you don’t want us to interrupt their lunch do you? I guess their security team doesn’t take life threatening food allergies as being serious.

• Other than that I had one of the greatest vacations I have had in a long time and even though it cost a fortune I would like to thank Busch Gardens and Water Country UAS for a wonderful time at their parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment